Tiny Star

January 28, 2021

Announcement! & Animal Jam Plants In Real Life!

 Hey jammers! Popcorn here, and welcome back to a new post! 

---
In this post: 

Shop Shoutout - Take a look at one of the shops in Jamaa!

Important TMR Announcement! - Stay tuned for this *very* important TMR announcement :)

Animal Jam Plants In Real Life - Journey with me through some of the Jamaa lands to find some plants in-game that are actually in real life!
---

Let's get right into the post!

<><><>

To start off this Thursday's post, here's...


This week:

The Wild Explorers Tent!

Basic Info

Description: The Wild Explorers Tent is a tent-like building in Coral Canyons where you can ask Cami questions and print science experiments

Location: The highest "canyon" in Coral Canyons; to the right of the stone bridge

First Released: June 2016

Fun Facts: 
  • There's a caged phantom that sits in the corner of the tent
  • On one of the pintables, there's a recipe for making your own ice cream!
  • When the tent was first introduced, it did not have a sign on the entrance
Images: 


Onto the big announcement...

Alright jammers. I've got some very exciting news...

TMR will continue! 

Why, you may ask? Why the sudden change of mind? 

Well, it's because Tkaranto has decided to help! Tkaranto, the author of The Animal Jam Bubble, has agreed to help keep TMR up and running!

Basically, instead of me doing an issue every month, me and Tkaranto will switch. I will be doing February's Issue and March's Issue will be written by Tkaranto! Huge thanks to them for working to keep TMR alive!

I am currently working on Feb.'s Issue, so you should expect it (for real) by the 27-28th!

Finally, last topic!

Have you ever wandered through Jamaa, admiring the nature and plants in Sarepia Forest and Coral Canyons and turning on some ambient nature music? 

WELL I HAVE, DON'T JUDGE. 

And I found out that Google Lens + some extra research actually make a great pair for a post! Here are some of my discoveries:



The first plant I wanted to try was this one. I thought the little tentacle-like leaves of the plant were fascinating :)

Apparently, this plant is either an agave (a-gaa-vay) plant or a close relative to it. It likes warm and dry environments, and is mostly found in hot regions of Mexico and the Southwestern United States! I'm honestly a big fan of this plant! 



The next plant I found while browsing Sarepia Forest. It was a little patch of leaves hidden behind a couple of trees. I highly suspected it was a fern from the way the leaves were shaped and the texture was on the outline of them. 

Sure enough, it was a fern (did not specify the type of fern, though :l) Ferns can live in a wide variety of environments, from remote elevations, to dry desert plains. This is a pretty neat plant, to be honest! 





The next plant was one I found in the Lost Temple of Zios! It looked like a patch of long, tall grass and I was curious what it would come up as. 

Well, according to Google Lens, it's a type of Wheatgrass! Surprisingly, it's not only just some wild grass. There are organic Wheatgrass powders, too, which are packed with nutrients and vitamins! Whadaya know? A plant that can be wild and edible :P









The final plant I investigated in today was a little patch of yellow flowers (ignore the horrific amount of space between the pictures and text; layout probs) I had no clue what kind they were, so into Google they went! 

Whoa. Get ready for this one. According to Google, we are looking at Oenothera pilosella, an ornamental garden plant that is native to the United States and Canada! I'm not sure Google's one hundred percent correct; it could just be a random yellow flower that AJ just added for decoration xD But I think it's the closest real species :)

<><><>

Aaaaandd that will wrap up today's post!

Thanks for reading and happy jamming!

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of trying to figure out what AJ plants are based on! Sometimes you get the help of the Journey Book, but other times it's a bit more mysterious-- whether they're based on real plants or not. It's a really fun post idea <3

    Another similar idea for ya: in Gabby Wild's Animal Hospital, there are a bunch of photos/paintings of different, real animals on the walls. Can you identify them? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doomy! I saw Sarahkey post something similar to this on the Animal Jam Community Blog! She basically found some of the most popular servers in Jamaa and looked them up to see if they were real places and landmarks :) And a lot of them were! It was actually a pretty interesting post X)

      Ooh I love that idea! I'll try and include it in either the next/upcoming post :)

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  2. AWW MAN I'M NOT ON THE TOP COMMENTERS LIST XD
    Welp. I didn't comment because I didn't really know what I would say about this post lol (not in a bad way). I like the idea of trying to figure out which plants in animal jam are which.
    And.. ya have gotten a new follower c:
    I didn't really know if I would end up following because I used a google account, but it was on your blog goals' list so I did :D
    Well, bye!

    ~♡•Døgø•☆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD I know, sorry! I'm trying to tweak the coding so it shows like the most recent comments, not everyone's in total.
      AAAA yay!! Thanks for following me!! YUS, goal met! X)
      (And I don't care if it's a random comment! Just saying hello will make my day :')
      ~popcorn

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking of making a blog called Animal Jam Oceanz. What do you think? :D

    ~Dogo (who might be the author of animal jam oceanz)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see it! lmk if u want to be added to my blogroll :)
      -Tkaranto

      Delete
    2. AAA Dogo that would be so cool!! I'd absolutely LOVE if you decided to start a blog; we'd all have our own little blog and become a blogging community (not that we already aren't :P)

      That name is really cool! I love the little "z" XP

      Tell me if it's official!! I can't wait to read it :)

      ~popcorn

      Delete
    3. When you write the title, do you space it out evenly or do you just smoosh it all together? Example: animaljamofficialdaily OR animal jam official daily

      I have to know just in case I make one :)

      ~Dogo
      P.S. the little 'z' is just because AnimalJamOceans is already taken, but the Z also adds some pizazz to the name, u know wut i mean? xD

      Delete
    4. I don't recommend putting spaces in your URL, just because it can mess with the link and I'm not really sure you can do it anyways :) Example: animaljamofficialydaily was what it should look like.

      ~popcorn

      P.S. I DEFINETLY know what you mean xD

      Delete

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX