Tiny Star

January 4, 2021

RIM & Environment Rant :p 🍃

 Hey jammers! Popcorn here, and happy Monday! 

Today's post I thought I would obviously do the normal RIM Monday, but I also wanted to talk a little more about the environment and nature! 

I've recently been getting more into environmental/earth kind of things especially after I heard what Trump and his administration were trying to do. 

If you don't already know, they were trying to do something called offshore oil drilling, which basically means they were trying to suck petroleum and oil out from the Atlantic and Arctic oceans. You might be thinking, wait that's good right? Not in this case. The biggest downfall of this operation would've been the drilling in the Arctic. The machines, boats, and explorations would've easily wiped out so many ice caps and icebergs, the polar bears living there wouldn't have anywhere to live and feed. To this, legal director of the Center for Biological Diversity team Kristen Mongell said, "The Trump administration seems determined to push polar bears further and further down the path to extinction before leaving office."

Luckily, Trump and his team were sued and are being taken to court to further seek the answer to this problem.

If you want to help, you can sign this petition by January 6th to help stop Trump and protect the innocent polar bears living in the Arctic. 
https://www.protectthearctic.org/take-action-to-protect-the-arctic-national-wildlife-refuge

Want to see something I made that's pretty trash? Keep reading!

So I also recently was reading some of Doomy Panda's older posts (props to you, Doomy, they are all so fun to read :) and I came across one that really represents this situation in a way. It's called "We All Need To Change" and was posted in July 2020 if you want to read it yourself :') I'll also link it!

After reading it, I kind of got a sense of what is really going on around the world. All of this pollution and harm to animals. It's frustrating. So... 

I made a poem. (Ginormous cringe warning)

We get one chance.
But we don't worry.
Thriving plants.
Extraordinary animals.
Then.
Just.
Like.
That.
It's gone.


Global emissions
A couple dozen groups
all Release gas
that harmfully pollutes

Our water filled oceans
are now filled with plastic
The whole situation
is really not fantastic

The animals are dying
because of our carelessness
the world is getting cluttered
and now we can't cherish it

I hope one day
we won't all live in vain
Because after all
The world changes when we change.

Sorry the font's a little weird, it was pasted from the comments in Doomy's post. (Cuz I posted it there too xD)

Here's the link to Doomy's post: 
https://animaljamstream.blogspot.com/2020/06/we-all-need-to-change.html

<><><>

Whoa, that "rant" was longer than expected. Oops. Let's get right into the post!

The RIM for AJ Classic today was...

A Rare Winter Apron! 

Some basic info:
  • Price: 850 gems
  • Members only? Yes
  • Where: Jam Mart Clothing, Jamaa Township
It's pretty cool, I guess... 

Eh I'm not sure I really like it. Sorry, AJHQ. It's a cool idea! I think it would be great for restaurant and café roleplays X) 

And that will wrap up this post! 

Like I said in my previous post, I'm trying to make some blog goals for myself and one of them is going to be trying to make 2 posts a week! (I consider weeks to start Monday and go to Sunday instead of starting Sunday and going to Saturday)

Thanks for reading and happy jamming!

~popcorn

P.S. AAA we just hit 3 followers! Shoutout to Wildflower75, DoomyPanda, and Amhdolphin! I really appreciate your support :')

1 comment:

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX