Tiny Star

February 2, 2021

Things AJHQ Should Add (Rant)

 Hey jammers! Popcorn here, and welcome to a bonus Tuesday post!

---
In this post:

Things AJHQ Should Add - Ever thought about some items, ideas, lands, shops, that need to be in the game? Well, fellow jammer, I have too :) Lets rant, shall we?

Daily News - Here's what's new on the AJD!

New Blog! - That's right! Keep reading to find details XP
---

Let's get right into the post!

<><><>

1. Currency Transfers - Have you ever had a friend or buddy that really needed just 5 more diamonds to buy their dream item? And yes, you have those diamonds and would love to give it to that buddy. But you can't.

Pros - Jammers could get rid of unwanted gems and/or diamonds while also helping out another fellow jammer! 

Cons - This could result in more scamming between jammers. 

2. NPC's - I think AJC would get so much cooler if little NPC's were placed around the map. They could give you daily tips, tell you where the Monday RIM is that day, etc. I know that AJ has it's own NPC, Leilani, but I would want to maybe upgrade her a little more. 

Pros - They could positively add to the environment of the community by giving helpful tips for navigating the map, trading, scamming tips, etc. There could be about... 6 maybe, all with their different purposes. And maybe, they're all the alphas! 

Cons - Really, I couldn't think of many cons except for they could eventually get annoying? If they always had their little voice and speech bubble up, I could definitely see how that could get annoying for some jammers. 

3. A Den "Nomination" Button - Next on my list is a Den Nomination Button. I actually thought of this while looking through some epic dens XP I thought that all of the steps of submitting an entry on Jammer Central and uploading images is kind of a lot. So, what if there was some "Vote Me!" button whenever you entered someone's den? Jammers could vote on other jammers' dens if they particularly liked it or it was a great reflection of AJ itself. The dens with the most votes at... let's say the end of each month, would win a spot on the Epic Dens list! 

Pros - This could positively showcase jammers' dens that they worked really hard on! And, it wouldn't just be AJHQ's choice; it would be a community choice from different jammers. 

Cons - There could potentially be an issue with just grabbing up all of your buddies and telling them "Vote my den" even if it's a den they maybe took 10 minutes on. But this is a pretty minor issue that I think wouldn't affect the overall addition to the game.

4. Custom Colors - Moving on to Custom Colors. This was actually an idea from my buddy. She argues that the 50 color shades that Animal Jam gives us are not enough. I really liked her idea and decided to expand it a little X) What if there was a color wheel where you could make your own colors to add to your animal? You could also have a "Library", where you could store some of your favorite colors that you've created so you can use them again in the future!

Pros - This could give jammers more of a way to express themselves, and make their own shades! It would honestly also just be very fun. 

Cons - I don't really find any cons in this idea. I mean yeah, it would take more coding (or whatever AJ does to add things) but so does everything else.

Moving on!

New blog?!

Yes jammers! Another new blog has emerged from the darkness! Say hello to Dogo's new blog, Animal Jam Oceanz

Dogo is super excited about their new blog, and I hope you are too! They are such a positive commenter on this blog, so let's all return the favor :)

Make sure you go check out Animal Jam Oceanz! It can be hard for a new blog to get views and momentum so we should support it as best we can!

Finally onto...

New Page - A new page has arrived! Head on over to your local left sidebar to find the new "Jammer Howls" page, where you can comment positive messages/sayings that will be posted on the page :)

<><><>

And that will wrap up today's post! What do you all think about these ideas? 

Thanks for reading and happy jamming!

15 comments:

  1. Those are some good ideas. Hmm... I have some ideas, though they focus more on AJHQ making small changes that add up into something nice.

    1. If you go to the AJ Wiki, there are a ton of cool unreleased items that WildWorks has created but never put in the game. So AJHQ should finally release some!

    2. Because there are like a million member's only pets now, AJHQ should make some of the original pets (kitties/dogs/snakes/etc.) nonmember. And also make the Pet Wash nonmember because it's fun X)

    3. Similarly... maybe at least one of the older, less glamorous dens could afford to become nonmember. Like the castle den!

    4. I think nonmembers would appreciate just one more animal slot.

    5. And finally... AJHQ gotta bring back the fun facts. I don't care if it's a small detail, they just gotta

    And that's all I can think of now! You know, I've seen so many people share cool ideas with AJHQ in the comments section of their social media or on the D.E., and while it's great that they have people to respond to those comments, it's so rare that those ideas actually get used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I love all of those ideas! The one I most agree with I think is probably the AT LEAST additional animal spot for nonmembers. 3 is such a big difference than 2, and it would be so helpful. All of those ideas are amazing!

      I agree, they might notice them (or even respond) but I've never actually seen any changes made that were requested by jammers. I think Scooter posted something like this in around... 2016 maybe? Surprisingly, a lot of those ideas were added to game (and are in-game now!) Coincidence maybe? He was also a pretty popular jammer, though, so his ideas might have gotten more attention. But anwyays. Thanks for sharing!

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try this link? Either https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/7818794258001562597
      OR
      blogger.com
      Ah I'm sorry this is happening to you! I've never seen this before! If I can't help any further, I definitely recommend asking Doomy. They're a lot more savvy with blogger stuff. :)

      Delete
    2. Hmm.. it won't show my pages on the blog.

      Delete
    3. Ok... so try this:

      1. Make a new page by clicking the "Pages" tab on the left sidebar (under earnings). Publish the page once finished.

      2. Go to "Layout" on the left sidebar (under pages) and click "Add a Gadget" which should be on one of the sidebars of your blog. There's a big list of gadgets but you want to find the one that says "Pages" lol. Click it and checkmark the page you just published. Click "Save"!

      If this doesn't help, I just posted an example of exactly this on my blogger help blog if you wanna take a look :)

      Delete
    4. Thank you, Popcorn! It sounds like I'm just throwing problems at you, but you're just casual about it xD

      ~Dogo

      Delete
    5. No problem! Don't worry, I've dealt with your struggles before so I know what it's like xD

      Delete
    6. Lol. You have a 'logo' as well, how do you do it?

      Delete
  3. I love the den nomination idea- its way better than having an empty den on the epic dens list- that way you can see dens that people put effort into! I take hours decorating my dens, yet i have never been on the epic dens list. Jam on!
    -Tkaranto (ovo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do too uwu I think it would be alot easier for people to get represented in Epic Dens, especially people like you who spend time and put effort into their dens :')

      Delete
  4. I believe the Epic Dens list is generated randomly whenever someone has membership, but I might be wrong.

    The reason currency transferring is often not available on many places is to avoid farming, where side accounts are used to gain currency and then transferred to the main account, making them, possibly, farm currency faster than needed and breaking the system.

    NPCs all around Jamaa would honestly be cool!

    As for your colour palette, it's likely AJHQ is limiting the colour palette so that no one makes insane combinations that none of their items would fit the colour of (since they can be colour swapped into other colours). With the many items on AJ, I don't think this would be a problem. Not sure if it'll spawn to visual issues where colours don't show up properly or something though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok! Wow, I didn't know that!

      And that makes sense; I could see how jammers could just be on multiple accounts playing games and winning loads of gems xD

      Ooohh that definitely makes sense. Yeah, maybe if they do this idea they'll have to make it a little more limited ^.^

      Delete
  5. My, my!!! these ideas are pawsomeeeee!!! I actually thought of a mailbox thing, where you get your buddy requests and posts on your wall XD


    Hugs,
    vai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vai!! Ooh I love that idea! xD

      ~popcorn

      Delete

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX