Tiny Star

March 29, 2021

The Daily Interview - Season 1, Episode 4: DoomyPanda

Hai jammers! 

Happy Tuesday! Judging by the title, you probably already know that today is interview day! On this episode of TDS, I've invited a very long-time AJ blogger...

DoomyPanda! 

Doomy started their blog, the Animal Jam Stream, in June of 2012, and has continued to consistently post all the way 'til now! Like always, huge thanks to Doomy for kindly cooperating in this interview :)

*Edit: As I was finalizing the editing of this post, I realized some of the spacing layout was off, so let's all just try to ignore that :D

Let's get started!


When did you first join the blogging community? 

I started my blog on June 17, 2012! I think it was the day before my last day of school that year and I was super excited. I remember being surprised that the URL animaljamstream was available because there were just so many blogs named in a similar way, like "animaljam[random noun]", and there were more seemingly being made every day, so I really wanted to grab animaljamstream as quick as I could.


What inspired you to start blogging? 

What inspired me to start AJ blogging was the then-huge community of Animal Jam blogs at the time that was introduced to me by my friend furryfruit73 (who also introduced me to AJ in the first place)! I really loved reading blogs like the Animal Jam Flash, and at one point, furryfruit73 showed me their own AJ blog they made and it totally inspired the idea to start my own. That blog isn't up anymore and furryfruit73 doesn't play AJ very often anymore, but I'm grateful for them!


If you could make any changes to AJC (Animal Jam Classic), what would they be? 

Oooooh boy, if I had infinite power I'd make quite a few changes! But I think the most important change is a simple one: more communication from WildWorks about their plans for their games, and more community feedback being taken seriously and implemented into the game. The unexplained name-switch to AJ Classic, alongside the unexplained reduction in updates has given me and many others a bad feeling because AJHQ hid their reasoning behind such a dramatic re-branding and re-structuring. More communication would reduce that uneasiness, no matter the WHY involved.

And for that second piece, I see so many awesome ideas for AJC that its user base has come up with and shared with AJHQ on social media or the Daily Explorer. While AJHQ comes across as being really receptive and encouraging of user-generated ideas, the way AJC has been managed in recent years makes it feel like it's just for show and those ideas aren't actually going anywhere. So yeah– more feedback from the community being considered!

What are your favorite and least favorite parts about AJC?

My favorite parts of AJC? Whew, I love so much of the game. What might be one of the most important things to me is the original art style and design of the lands. So much effort and creativity went into crafting such a beautiful game. The other most important thing to me is the role of nature and animals-- even though that's been neglected by AJHQ in more recent times, it's the core of the game for me.

My least favorite part is probably the over-emphasis on items and the fact that trading has become so hard and boring because there are just a few items that control a lot of the game. Trading becoming mostly centered around a singular item (spikes) instead of the wider pool of unique and creative items that the trading economy once was is a problem, in my opinion.


Is there anyone you used to/currently look up to?

I so respect everyone who ever put or continues to put effort into their AJ blogs-- I know from experience that it can be tough to keep something regularly updated with fun stuff, and the joy and dedication I've seen from others has always been inspiring. A few of the many people who have inspired me are snowyclaw (who ran Animal Jam Spirit), Difficult (who ran the amazing Animal Jam Timber), q1zx (who ran The Animal Jam Lake Blog and is now Alukian on YouTube!), Rainbow000Pegasus (who posts nearly daily on rainbow000pegasus.wordpress.com!!), and honestly, I've been so impressed and inspired by the work you've done with The Animal Jam Daily, Popcorn! :') Aww :)

Finally, what is your favorite blog post that you've posted? 

Hmm... y'know, I have to go with that series of posts where I made up names for different rare plushies xD
It was super fun, so I might continue it at some point!

Here's one of those posts: https://animaljamstream.blogspot.com/2018/11/plushie-naming-part-idk.html

^^ Check it out soon!


And that will wrap up interview #4! Once again, thank you so much for your answers, Doomy! :')

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX