Tiny Star

March 4, 2021

Copyright Symbols: All AJ Bloggers Need to Know

 Hey jammers! Popcorn here, and welcome to a new post!

---
In this post: 

Funny AJ Ally

Gabby's Animal Hospital is in the SS spotlight!

Copyright: What is it and how is it used?

Small-ish blog updates :)
---

Let's get straight into the post!

<><><>

Hello, jammers! Happy Thursday ^.^ 

Sort of a long post, and not a very long intro, so let's just get started!

To start this post off right, here's an adorable and creative way to get the tiger animal... without getting the tiger animal! xd


Onto the one and only...

Shop Shoutout! YAY! This week's shop in the spotlight...

Gabby's Animal Hospital

Description: Gabby's Animal Hospital is a medical-themed building in Jamaa. It was formerly known as the Medical Center, but a small update replaced it with Gabby's Animal Hospital in September 2013. 

Location: Kimbara Outback

First Released: Although it was introduced when Kimbara Outback was first released (July 2013), it didn't actually open until September 2013. 

Fun Facts: 
  • The letters on the eye chart by the door spell out several names of the alphas!
  • There was a 2 year gap where the hospital had no watchable videos (2014-2016)
  • The coloring table on the lower level of the building once could be clicked and opened to a Print and Play menu, but it is no longer a clickable object
Images: (not my images)



Moving on...

Welcome to the main portion of this post :) 

Now, copyright. It's a very interesting topic that a lot of people tend to get confused by. For instance, adding a copyright symbol doesn't mean that people will get in big trouble if they still your work. Obviously, no one should ever steal someone else's work; it's horrible and wrong. But they won't get extremely penalized. Continue reading to find out what these 3 copyright symbols mean!

© Copyright - Copyright is basically the right you have over the things you create. It's automatically yours when you create photos, drawings, writings, and videos; in other words, you don't need a copyright symbol to have copyright. In the case that someone does steal your work, copyright symbol or not, there's really not much you can do about it.       

™ 
Trademark - Trademark is basically copyright, but is more commonly used with a name or phrase. Similar to the copyright above, you can't really do much of anything if someone copies that name/phrase. The symbol is once again just a reminder; unless you have it registered. Read more below.    
® Registered - This symbol you absolutely cannot used unless you have it registered, meaning you paid money to some government agency to protect your personal work. Using this symbol without paying money is illegal. You can get in a lot of federal trouble, something you shouldn't have to worry about when you're on a free, blogging platform! If you do register a copyright, there are certain registered symbols that you can use on your blog (as mentioned above). 

In the end, you can use the copyright and trademark symbols for free, but you can't really do anything if someone steals your work. The only way to really get someone in trouble for stealing your work is if you have a paid, registered, trademark on your website/blog/work. 

I hope that made sense, and that you'll never have to get in trouble with any federal agency as someone under 18 xd

Finally...


Announcement - Yes, I do have an announcement (that Dogo and Doomy already know xp). I have joined the AJSASS (Animal Jam Special Agents Stopping Scammers), and I have been promoted to gamma! You may or may not see me post in a couple of weeks; my agent name is Blossom, if you ever see me write a post! :) For those wondering, no, I would never leave this blog, and will continue to regularly post on it on the days according to my Blog Schedule!

Popcorn's Art - A possibly temporary installment of mine; I made an "art blog" (completely inspired by Wild), where you can find some of my AJ drawings (like the one I showed you all yesterday :) 

Page in Progress! - The "Links" page I mentioned a couple of posts ago is in the works! I say it may come out in... 3-ish weeks? 

End of Daily News 

<><><>
And that will wrap up this post! I hope you enjoyed (and found it somewhat useful)! 

Thanks for reading and happy jamming!

4 comments:

  1. You already posted that AJ Ally ._. it's here: https://animaljamofficialdaily.blogspot.com/2021/02/friendship-festival-contest.html

    I really like your new signature! It's so nice to see <3

    AND YOU CAN'T USE A SYMBOL IF YOU DON'T PAY MONEY? This world I live in is WRECKED. Literally.

    Ooh! I'll check out your new blog ASAP.

    ~Dogo
    P.S. your little bunny picture of yourself inspired me to make my own! I made a post about it today XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I THOUGHT I recognized it...

      Thanks, Dogo! I had no idea what it was going to look like going into it... but I was kind of sick of my old one so I though "let's just play around with it" XP

      ~popcorn

      Delete
    2. Also, when is your AJMV coming out? You said it would be March 2nd but it's March 5th T^T

      ~Dogo

      Delete
    3. Haha, this weekend probably! Most likely Sunday!

      Delete

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX