Tiny Star

March 9, 2021

The Daily Interview - Season 1, Episode 2: Pumaa

Hey jammers! Popcorn here, and welcome to a very special post!

Today's post is one I'm very excited about; Episode 2 of The Daily Interview w/ popcorn! Also good news: there will be an episode 3 coming out shortly! I recently received confirmation that the guest I asked would kindly participate in my interview, so that will be out soon! Who is the guest, you ask? You'll just have to read the next episode to find out :')

But, as the title says, our guest today is the one and only...

Pumaa! (formerly known as Geckoguy)

Pumaa is a long-time AJ blogger, too, and started his first blog "Animal Jam Explorers" (now known as Jammer Central) until he co-wrote the blog "Animal Jam Community Blog" with TheSlidoo. I would like to thank you, Pumaa, for your kind and considerate cooperation in this interview! 

Without further ado, let's get started!

<><><>

When did you first join the blogging community?

I started my own blog in early 2011 (now called Jammer Central), but I didn't do much with it at first. When I was hired at Animal Jam Community in the beginning of 2012, I began posting regularly. 


What inspired you to start blogging? 

I found FuzzyShyIvy’s blog Animal Jam Rush at the beginning of 2011 and I was fascinated with it. Her brother TheSlidoo, the founder of Animal Jam Community, was another huge inspiration. They were the original AJ bloggers.


If you could make any changes to AJC (Animal Jam Classic), what would they be? 

If we’re talking about the past, I wish I had focused less on updates and more on things like trading and rare items. I never liked posting about updates, but I thought it was the only way to get views. In retrospect, I would have been more successful posting about things that interested me more, instead of doing what all the other blogs were doing.


What are your favorite and least favorite parts about AJC?

Something I’m proud of is that AJC is to this day the most popular non-profit Animal Jam blog. We never ran ads, unlike the other top blogs. We probably lost out on thousands of dollars of ad revenue, but it shows were were working for fun and not for money.

I regret that we never kept the blog consistently up to date. Depending on how busy we were, sometimes the blog would go months with hardly any new content. That really held us back.


Is there anyone you used to/currently look up to?

TheSlidoo and FuzzyShyIvy, as I mentioned before. Slidoo was an excellent web and graphic designer for his age, and I learned a ton from him. Also, my friend Sheesh4 had a blog called Animal Jam Insiders which was great, although she privated it recently. Another friend BubbleGumBee was probably the best video editor in the community.


Finally, what is your favorite blog post that you've posted?

My 10 year anniversary post that I made recently is my best attempt to recap the highlights of my time on Animal Jam. I spent hours writing it!


<><><>

And that will wrap up the second episode of The Daily Interview with popcorn!

Once again, big thank you to Pumaa for participating! I really do appreciate all of these helpful answers!

Thanks for reading and happy jamming!

12 comments:

  1. This is such a great series, Popcorn!! It's so cool that you've got to interview people from the golden age of AJ blogging hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Doomy! (And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you!! XP)

      Delete
  2. There were so many names in that post I can't seem to place my finger on! A lot of nostalgic names though.
    Oddly I wasn't able to comment on their blog, so that was odd.

    Anyway! I'm here on behalf of Tkaranto to bring you your The Mira Report! I didn't open it-
    https://www.flipsnack.com/tkaranto/new-flipbook.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's understandable xD I mean it WAS, what, like 9 years ago? :O

      Oh wow thanks so much, Rainbow!! How did you even get it?? XP But thank you so much!

      Delete
    2. Tkaranto commented over at my blog, not sure why but they mentioned being unable to comment on yours.

      Delete
    3. Ah, ok, thank you again! Hmm, I'll look into that.

      Delete
    4. Ah, im so sorry, I would've commented myself, but my commenting was blocked by parent controls. Sometimes the controls glitch, so ill be able to comment once in a while :)
      -Tkaranto

      Delete
    5. Haha, no worries! I'm glad you at least got a chance to!

      Delete
  3. I had Pumaa comment on one of my other posts... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE XD

    Nice job with your post tho XP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the interview! I just realized by AJC you meant Animal Jam Classic, not Animal Jam Community! I haven't played any other versions of the game so I just think of it as Animal Jam lol. As for changes to Animal Jam Classic, I just hope they leave it open as long as possible so that we can all still go on there for memory's sake. I don't care if they stop updating it, just leave it online. They day it closes will be a very, very sad day for me.

    Favorite and least favorite part of Animal Jam Classic: I love the old lands and rooms, my favorite hangout spots are the Chamber of Knowledge, Sarepia Theater, Captain Melville's Juice Hut, and the Pillow Room! Also the Medical Room but they removed that. My least favorite part is how they re-sell items, which ruins the trading system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank YOU for your responses!

      Haha, don't worry that's a common misconception xD I should've clarified-

      ~popcorn

      Delete

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX