Tiny Star

March 11, 2021

Old Things in AJC That I Wish Were Still Here

 Hey jammers! Popcorn here, and welcome to a new post!

---
In this post:

Old things in AJC that I wish were still here

400 comments?!
---

Hello, jammers! Before we jump into the post, I just decided not to do a Shop Shoutout today. Mainly because I've got 5 animal gifts lined up for fellow bloggers :), am way too lazy for some reason, and working on a spring graphic pack for my art blog!

That being said, I didn't want to not post so here's a really random one!

I actually got this idea from reading Fuzzy Shyivy's old blog, the Animal Jam Rush, after reading her very early posts starting alllllll the way back from 2010. As I started reading them, I realized she took frequent screenshots, and boy has AJ changed over the past 11 years. So, I found a couple of pictures from her blog and Doomy's blog (from 2013!) that I thought would be cool to make into a post!

I hope this post is entertaining, like always, so let's get started!

<><><>

In this picture, Fuzzy explained that there used to be little leaf icons hovering above certain plants. If you clicked one, a popup would explain the type of plant, list facts, and include pictures! How cool would that be?! This would not only be AWESOME, it would greatly increase Animal Jam's "learning" aspect of the game.

I deeply wish that AJ had kept their old Jamaa Journal. This version actually looks like a real newspaper and not just page after page going over an update we got 4 years ago. On the side, they list "Stuff to Do", which is an excellent newspaper-filler. People get bored in Jamaa all the time! I also love the little volume and date tracker in the Jamaa Journal header. SO cool. 

I honestly wish that alphas were still scattered along the map. I think it's important for jammers to learn about Jamaa's history, and these alphas could help do that! Liza bringing me to my next point...

Um... am I the only one that gets annoyed by this?! I HATE how they changed Liza's appearance. If Liza's going to be a panda, give her panda qualities. Don't make her skinny just to make her look better; she already looks exactly how I would imagine a panda alpha to look like!

I also love how during Jamaalidays you could pick a present, just like you would under a Christmas tree! Sure, this isn't that big of a deal, but I think it looks a little more realistic. 

I think that it was cool when AJHQ added little blurbs about the alphas! This could definitely come back, and they could just put out these kinds of messages monthly! Like I said earlier, it's important to know Jamaa to understand Jamaa, you know?

Finally, the last thing on my list, is the Rare Item Monday pictures they posted on the Daily Explorer! Instead of just adding the little golden gift boxes and only including the title of the RIM, why not just add a picture? It doesn't take much effort at all, and jammers will know what the RIM looks like so they can decide if they want it or not. 

Onto....



No way this blog has hit 400 comments!! Thank you guys! Honestly, reading the positive, funny, happy, creative, joyful, exciting comments from all of you jammers, is in my opinion one of my favorite parts about running a blog! They are always so sweet, and make my day so much better :')

<><><>

And that will wrap up this short post! I hope you enjoyed, and comment down below which past "thing" you would like to come back too!

Thanks for reading and happy jamming!

8 comments:

  1. Odd, I typed up a comment but it refreshed the page and got deleted? Let's try again.

    I actually prefer the old Jamaa Journal pages with the newspaper-esque touch! Feels like some news update.
    As for the bulletin board style, I think it fits very well with Play Wild! since that' how you check the news-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird...

      Yeah, I agree! The newspaper-ish one definitely suits AJC a bit better, and the current AJC one would fit AJPW better.

      Delete
  2. I agree with everything in this post xD

    Oh boy I miss Liza's original style, she looked so unique and wise. Same with the other Alphas. I know they re-did the style to supposedly make them look brighter and more appealing to a younger audience, but honestly the originals were a lot cooler.

    Something I do like is that the original Alpha statues preserved that style and are still available today. I love my Liza Statue :)

    Congrats on 400 comments!! This is an awesome little community you've created and I am endlessly impressed <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.

      Oh, really?! Wow, that's great! I'm so glad they at least do that.

      Thank you so much, Doomy! Your comments always make me smile :)

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the tiny sparkles on the mouse that drop down whenever you move it ^-^

    Something I think they should do is release more adventures. People want to dig up more on AJ history and Juno but the lack of adventures since 3 years ago really hasn't helped.

    You could also read little blurbs about the alphas inside of the alpha headquarters, but they didn't have to replace Club Geoz just for that. I never even got the chance to SEE how Club Geoz looked like because they changed it before I started the game :l

    ~Dogo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dogo! I really like them too! I can do a tutorial for sure if you would like :)

      I agree, although we have like 15, we really need some new and fresh ones. The older ones are starting to get old :l

      I wish I had seen what Club Jeoz looked like too! That would've been really cool...

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  4. I haven't kept up in the aj community at all but I see you posting consistently and it's really cool! I really do miss the old aj days and the memories lol

    how has the blogging community been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penguin! Haha, thank you!

      It's actually been great! Seeing DoomyPanda continuously keep posting really inspired me, so I made this blog! Since then, 4 other blogs popped up too! Overall it's been nice :)

      I'm glad you stopped by to comment!

      ~popcorn

      Delete

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX