Tiny Star

June 1, 2021

Rating Summer Carnival Games!

hai jammers!

happy june 1st, and the start of pride month! c: 

i think we're all in that pre-end-of-the-school-year craziness (at least for those who are ending soon!), and if you are, i'm right there with you. 

i'm not feeling too good today, but i haven't posted in a week or so and decided i should get one out :P

but anyways, today's post will be a quick lil ratings post. what will i be rating you may ask? well, since the summer carnival arrived not to long ago, i thought i could do something summer carnival related. i also have a cotton candy post as well as a beach house decoration post planned for the summer! 

annnnd, another AJMV should come out in a little while. this one will be a little different then the ones i normally do.. i usually use apps that have pre-made transitions and effects. but, um, popcorn has decided to make her life 100x harder and do her own transitions and effects :D i'm using Adobe After Effects (basically Photoshop's video editor) and it's definitely a CHALLENGE. 


*instant regret*

just a little somethin to look forward to X)

let's get right into the post!

Phantom Ball


Phantom Ball is actually one of my favorite games at the Summer Carnival. i personally like ski ball, and they're basically the exact same thing. so i like it! 
Rating: ★★★★★

Dunk-A-Phantom


ah, Dunk-A-Phantom. i think this is a pretty good game. it's fun. i get tickets. there's really not much to say about it. not my favorite, but not on my hate list, y'know? 
Rating: ★★★☆☆

Candy Catch


Candy Catch. once again, this is a pretty good game. the objective is cool, and you get a fair amount of tickets c: overall, not too shabby of a game.
Rating: ★★★★☆

Whack-A-Phantom

(photo credit: Animal Jam World)

i actually really like Whack-A-Phantom. it's not one of those impossible-to-beat games, and it's nice letting out your rage in this game :D 
Rating: ★★★★☆

Carnival Darts

(photo credit: Animal Jam World)

ehh, i'm not a huge fan of Carnival Darts. it might just be me, but it seems like it's always impossible to hit more then 6 phantoms. i have no idea why. maybe i'm just bad at it xd but the game is pretty ok, so i think it should at least get 3 stars.
Rating: ★★★☆☆

that will wrap up this post! 

the Consider This for today is the following: what's your favorite cotton candy combination at the summer carnival? (in aj, not real life) 

i personally like the moon :)

toodles!

~popcorn 🎀

15 comments:

  1. your last rating is kinda funny to me, because phantom darts is one of my favorite summer carnival games! definitely agree with your opinion on phantom ball though

    however, phantom darts is horrible if you have a laggy computer, so i can see why some people don't like it (also, tip! go for the letter balloons instead of the phantoms. those give you a lot more points)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think that may be the issue.. my computer's always been pretty slow.

      And thanks! That's a great tip!

      Delete
  2. I really like the paw cotton candy combination.
    I personally think that when you make the black cotton candy in the game, In non-phantom form, It kind of looks like black dust or black lint to me (no offence).
    Sorry for holding up the competition, It would not let me save the finished product because it said my google drive is full. But don't worry, I will have the problem taken cover. - princess brightstar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I like yellow and orange colors on the paw c:

      And it's completely fine! If you're still having trouble, feel free to let me know.

      Delete
  3. Amazing post popcorn! Sorry for not commenting in ages...
    I absolutely love phantom ball, its the only game that I can get a decent amount of tickets! Great AJMV btw, I love them!
    -Tkaranto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It's best to take as much time as you need in your personal life before you're back on the internet c:

      And thank you! I'm glad you liked them :)

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  4. WOW Adobe Aftereffects?! I've always been too intimidated by that software, but it's really good to know how to use it. I bet your AJMV is gonna be excellent :D I can't wait to see it!!

    As for my favorite AJ cotton candy combo, hmm.. either the rainbow, or just whatever color combo I come up with. I think the cotton candy machine is one of the best parts of the summer carnival :3

    Even though I'm not too good at it, Candy Catch is probably my fav carnival game. I like its difficulty and the fun sound effects X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doomy! I'm excited to share it C:

      I agree! I never really knew it was a thing until a couple of years ago when I saw everyone have their own cool shapes and such..

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  5. OHHHH wow, Adobe AfterEffects?! I dream of one day being able to use Adobe Photoshop or AfterEffects or something else cool like that. Just wondering, is it free? I know it's definitely not for Chromebooks though. I can't wait to see how it turns out; I do know it'll be amazing though! I remember regretting trying to learn how to use CS Oekaki and now I'm glad I bashed my way through it.

    My favorite game at the summer carnival is actually the cotton candy machine. It's interesting how secret combos can make a wonderful combination. I like that little easter egg! I love the rainbow combination, the paw, the sun, and the moon. Phantom Ball is a close second though!

    Good luck with the end of school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both really fun programs! Let me know if you do end up getting them at some point c: And to answer your question, no, they are not free, but there are YouTube tutorials with separate files that can get you free versions (I use a free version..) The only thing I recommend is to be careful if you do decide to follow a tutorial, make sure you're careful with the file you download (for virus purposes)

      aa, yes, I love all of the combinations, and I think it's a cool little addition to the already-fun game itself heehee C:

      Thank you, Wild! You as well.

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  6. The Phantom Ball used to be my favourite, but now my favourite are the darts! Frustrating with slow internet but it's easy to grind Tickets from it, especially on the mobile version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. https://www.ufa88s.info/%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%99/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it. ผลบอล888

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. person bubble ball

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very thankful to you for this post, as it contains some great information about summer carnival. Through this post I got some instructive information. Keep it up. Popcorn machine rental

    ReplyDelete

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX