Tiny Star

March 26, 2022

WEEEEE lil life catch-up

hello hello, jammers!

iiiit's popcorn speaking, back with another post c: 

this post is going to be extremely random, so there is your pre-reading warning HAHAHAHH. 

to start us off, i recently found this old little manila paper sketchbook kind of thing that was shoved at the back of a shelf, and i decided to try using it again! i used to really enjoy art and painting back in maybe 5th grade(??), but stopped because i kept getting frustrated with my art not getting up to my standards (and looking back i realized how atrociously high they were 💀💀). but i thought about doing some sort of sketchbook tour for a fuller post! i'm currently focusing on realistic animals.. i can't draw people for the life of me ahaahhha. i've also really gotten into using watercolor! i like the lighter look it gives to different pieces, and it's the paint type i've found easiest to work with c: 

*edit: it's 10:41 on a Saturday, and i just finished this turtle drawing with colored pencils that i started at 7:36 this morning ':D i got motivated to finish it AND I POWERED THROUGH. i was proud of it though, and just wanted to include it in this post. a little appetizer to the future post B) 

...

i hate what i write sometimes 

anyways, here's a picture! the lighting is bArBaRiC, so apologies in advance. 


MY SISTER DECIDED TO NAME HIM HERBERT WHAHAHAJG

and moving on, i have this little extension set on to my laptop called Momentum, and (assuming you're using Chrome as your web browser), it simply edits your "home page" and filters out a new background. you can also add little to-dos at the bottom! what i'm really trying to say here is, i like the background i got today :D (edit: this post has been worked on over the course of weeks so i do realize that the date this is published doesn't match the date of the screenshot)


anyways, just a little somethin' i wanted to share c: if you'd like to download it from the Chrome Web Store, here's the link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/momentum/laookkfknpbbblfpciffpaejjkokdgca (y'all i promise it's an official website, i don't know why someone smashed their keyboard at the end of the link 💀💀)

--

i am sorry for the post delay! it's been a pretty brutal month/week; i have JV soccer every day of the week now, and i play on a club team (basically a sport organization arranged by my city) that practices every Tuesday and Thursday. on top of that, i just took 2 of my 16,000 (pff, more like 8) last week, so we're just in the home stretch now. to those currently studying/taking their finals, YOU GOT THIS :)) 

that will wrap up this mini post! thank you all for readinggg, and to those who haven't had their spring break, have fun! mine actually starts a bit later than usual, April 1st O-O

toodles~~~~~

~popcorn

5 comments:

  1. ooo that is an amazing turtle! and i love the name herbert for him

    i use firefox, not chrome, but it looks like momentum also has an extension for firefox... haven't tried it out though https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/momentumdash/

    good luck with soccer! i know from experience that being on a sports team can be very time-consuming (i play basketball!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, jrl! c: indeed, it was a unique choice but not a particularly bad one hahhaha

      ah, good to know, thanks!

      thank you again! although it can be a pain sometimes (and time-consuming as you mentioned), the friends you make [and the overall experience] really pays off in my opinion :)) good luck with your basketball as well!

      Delete
  2. Ok so how did I not see this till now?

    I legit thought the turtle was a photo and my first thought was, "oh did Popcorn did a pet turtle?! Cute!" then I found out it was a drawing through reading the post -- it's so good and the lighting is NOT barbaric, it looks super real. Kinda inspires me to share traditional art, maybe? But whatever the case you're really talented!

    Thank you for the motivation. My exams tired me so much that I fell asleep in the middle of the last period of the day ;v;;;; for a full 10 minutes.... and there was a GUEST SPEAKER...

    Good luck with soccer and sports (I can say from experience it's tiring -- I figure skate and do other winter sports) so yeahhhhhh - sorry about this wall of text -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WILD OH MY GOODNESS, thank you so so much :'') I would love to see your realistic art!! Your digital art is obviously stunning, and I would love to see your realistic style :D

      AHAHAHAA, that's hilarious~ exams are so tiring + stressful, I completely agree ㅠㅠ

      Thank you again! Woww, figure skating sounds so cool (pff, no pun intended). Don't apologize, either! Comments like yours truly make my day cc:

      ~popcorn

      Delete
  3. Hi Popcorn! I've seen this post so many times and idk why I didn't comment until now.

    I actually used momentum and I love how calming it is, the backgrounds are literally gorgeous.

    I also got a new blog! https://animaljamoceanz.webador.com/



    Dogo

    ReplyDelete

Hi jammers! Welcome to the comment section ^.^

Before you do comment, though, please read and accept the following rules :) Thank you!

-NO CURSING. (This includes using symbols like stars *** and letters) If you wouldn't say it to your parents, don't say it here ^.^
-DON'T SPAM. (Things like "aushfhsd" or "hey everyone buddy me I'm ... " Of course I would love to buddy you! But it would be nice if you mention something about the post as well :)
-KEEP LANGUAGE APPROPRIATE. Animal Jam is a kid-friendly game, so that means this blog is too. Try and keep your language appropriate and understandable uwu
-NO LINKS. Unless it's Animal Jam related (The Daily Explorer, your own AJ blog, etc.), no links to extra websites, blogs, videos, etc. Adding links will result in your comment being immediately removed.
-NO SELF PROMO PLEASE! I love each and everyone of your posts/updates on your blog, but it's not a very good feeling when you just finished an hour long post that gets one comment saying "hey look at my new post I just now finished it" or something like that! Just something to consider :)
- NO PERSONAL INFO. For your safety, please don't comment anything about your address, credit card information, name/age (optional, but not recommended), etc. If I see any of these in a comment, your comment will be removed immediately.
-NO BULLYING/RUDE BEHAVIOR. I hope people follow this rule in general, but in case you need a reminder there it is :P

Please try and follow these rules, as if they are ignored I may have to start moderating the comments :(

Each and every one of your comments will be appreciated, so thanks for commenting!

~popcorn CX